Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mexican Hat Dance

Monday was Maddi's birthday (the Rock Star Princess). We went to the Mexican restaurant (the one w/ $1.50 Margarita's on Monday and Thursday)last night to celebrate her 5 years in this world.




This place is pretty good. It's got pretty decent food, and great Margaritas. It's a comfortable, yet very busy atmosphere, and the food is CHEAP. 11 of us ate for $93.00 Now, granted there were 2 kid plates and I only ordered one taco...for a whopping $1.35. I ate Ice cream around 3 pm and wasn't very hungry....but even so.....10 full size meals and drinks......plus the kids meals and my taco....not bad.
The entire restaurant is employed with individuals of Latin heritage (sorry, I do not know the politically correct way to say that---no disrespect is meant). They are happy, and generally attentive, and they SING for birthdays! Sombrero provided!!



That's Heather, Maddi's mama............

They smeared chocolate, and whipped cream from the Sopapilla all over her face:



Then for some unknown reason they popped the sombrero on ME.....maybe they thought I was mama or something.......



Here is Brandon, my nephew, and Heather's brother....



And Heather's sister, Shelby, then her brother Nico.....





And finally,here's Maddi and Mia with the bill......Mia is Heather's youngest sister, and she's just a few months older than Maddison.......they are aunt and niece, and best friends....they are too cute.



All in all it was a fun birthday celebration for the Rock Star Princess.......

Happy Weekend!!













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

$1.50 margaritas! OMG, I wouldn't have been able to walk out of there under my own steam with that price. Would it have been bad for the kids to have to carry you to bed? I don't think so. They need to learn responsibility some time, right?

Perfectly Shelly said...

Dingo--there's a catch....
$1.50 margaritas on Monday and Thursday only---But still.....Teenie and I go there quite a bit on Monday/Thurs for the cheap drinks. The last time we went we had chicken nachos, and 2 margaritas apie4ce, and the bill was $14. Can't beat it......Regular price margaritas on other nights.....their 16 oz is either $3.95 or $4.95-----I can't compare since I don't live in NYC......I imagine that is still cheap, compartatively........

Anonymous said...

I always wanted an auntie that was the same age as me and then my uncle married a woman half his age and I got my wish and we lived happily ever after.

But I don't call her auntie. That's just too weird.

I'm glad there's no $1.50 margaritas around here. I'd be drunk all day long.