Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love the 80's!

Seriously, I am such an 80's girl. No wonder my kids think I'm lame. I promised you PICTURES, and pictures I have.

Here I am before 'Capitol Caroling' where the high school choir sings in the rotunda of the Missouri State Capital building (I never can remember if it's "ol" or "al"....) This would be 1983 or 1984--I think '84.



Here are the infamous Senior Prom Pictures. These were taken at my mom's house before we (Nick and I) went out to dinner. I'm sure he'd be none too pleased to know his photo was on the internet for all to see:





God, I look like SUCH A DORK......really......DORK CITY. I bought that dress for $99 with my own money, because my dad wanted me to buy a USED dress.....for my Senior Prom...(this WAS 1984, for the record). I wanted a HOOP skirt and I wanted it NEW. I also don't wear much blue, so I guess this was about all I had to choose from or something. I had to have it altered......I was smaller in the waist than in the bust, and had to have it taken in....I rented the hoop to wear under it.........Hoop skirts were TOTALLY in.....weren't they Ph.D? You KNOW you want to comment....YOU KNOW IT. Gloves and barfy dresses were in too, weren't they?

Ah, now we move on...to Mr. Perfectly. This was a free Olin Mills photo, I believe. We were too poor in college to buy the package, but we certainly didn't have any shame in taking the free 5x7 we got......



Don't we look about 12? I'd guess we were 19 and 20 here...which would make it 1985 or 1986.....we look like BABIES........it makes me happy and want to SCREAM at the same time, because SO HELP ME, if my kids come to me in 18 months and want to get MARRIED....I'll die.......or something.

Ok, here's one of me and Ph.D at my rehersal dinner--before the wedding. There's no real purpose in posting it other than she'll hate it.....HAHAHAHA Ph.D....you are famous.......You don't EVEN need to worry about being published......just send your peers HERE to look........I was going to post the one of you on the pot at the Carousel house, but you don't believe that it's you hidden under that one of a kind overall/smock-ish get up you had on...it was purple striped or something I believe.........so here you go.......1987 for those of you who want to know........she was my Maid of Honor.



And no, we weren't stoned....we just played it on TV.......

Enjoy the blast from the past. I did......Ph.D....I have lots more where this one came from.........

Toodles!!!

No comments: