Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nature's Calling

Yesterday my family went to eat at the Daily Grind--a local cafe that I've grown to really enjoy. They have awesome macaroni and cheese. Yum...wow. Mr. Perfectly used his skills to photograph and play with the images......they're pretty cool.



He uses something he calls HDR to make the photos look all artsy....I have no clue what it means.

Here's High Street in our city:



And here's some of the family.......I'm in the very far corner......with my hand up to my face, and in light pink stripes......



Then today, I went and spent an obscene amount of money on makeup. Obscene for MY budget that is....I bought 2 Bare Escentuals kits. They were $50 apiece, but I do love it, and it works beautifully.

We also saw an unusual site for Missouri, or what Mr. Perfectly THOUGHT was unusual. Apparently, it isn't all that unusual..Missouri apparently is a state that is home to Bald Eagles. There's a huge nest nearby, and Mr. Perfectly has been wanting to photograph them for a couple of weeks. We drove by and by CHANCE saw an eagle soaring through the air. He'd already found the nest, but saw no activity. This time, we saw BABIES on the edge of the nest. Probably not baby babies, but young eagles that don't fly yet. We tried to figure out who owned the land to get permission to go closer, but had no luck. Mr. Perfectly took these from the road. He wanted me to be certain I explained the distance involved, so you didn't mistake his fuzzy photos for bad photography. He's cropped and enlarged them so the birds are more visable. The first photo you see is the distance...and the huge nest. The others are more cropped in and not as clear due to the pulling in close. Aren't they GORGEOUS and MAGNIFICIENT?









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is unbelievable! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Awesome!

Jakki said...

Those are neat shots, especially the downtown shot.

Anonymous said...

My husband does all sorts of fancy schmancy stuff with the pictures too.

I don't understand any of it.

Whiskeymarie said...

The streetscape photo looks like a 1050's postcard- I love it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Shelly,

I am tired of reading this post.

Please post something new. I miss you.

Beverly said...

Those are great eagle photos! I see them sometimes, but haven't gotten a shot of one. How cool.