Friday, April 17, 2009

A swift kick in the behind

So—the last two weeks have been difficult in the Perfectly household. This week, for whatever reason, I have felt like I’m easily headed over the edge of normal into the depths of CRAZY!!

I woke up today feeling more relaxed and less pessimistic (thank goodness). I got to work to hear the agonized sobbing of a co-worker. My supervisor rushed to her side, I dropped my belongings at my desk and rushed to her……only to find that one of her grandchildren had died in a fire early that morning. A 7 year old boy.

My heart breaks for this woman. The overwhelming grief she was feeling was raw and unmistakable.

So, now I’m here with my hat in my hands, feeling like a shmuck for letting my problems get me so worked up. My problems are NOTHING compared to this. Or many others.

It’s funny how Karma slaps you on the ass once and a while to get your attention, huh?

So, for those of you who pray, say a prayer for my co-worker and her family. For those of you who don’t, give a positive thought this direction.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. That's horrible.

That poor woman.

I was feeling rather sorry for myself the other day when Char was giving me a hard time, but then later on that night there was an ad on TV looking for donations to help all the little kids with Cancer. And they were all so, so, very sick and I thought about how lucky I am that my kid is healthy enough to be a total pain in my ass.

I needed that.

I almost went into her room and woke her up so that I could love on her, but I'm not a stupid woman.

Daisee579 said...

I'm so sorry for your coworker. How horrible. I agree with you and Crissy about karma. It never fails when I'm feeling really down on myself something reminds me that my problems aren't nearly as big as they seem. I hope that your coworker and her family can eventually find some peace with this horrible tragedy.