Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I hate Powking!!

So, I just got a text from my 8 yr old great niece. Here it is verbatim: "Hay shely its maddi my mom is powking she has the flow. I dont no want to do"

Awwwwww. Poor little chickadee!! To translate, it says: Hey Shelly, it's Maddi. My mom is puking. She has the flu. I don't know what to do.

How does one instruct an 8 yr old how to care for their mother who keeps POWKING? I feel so bad for them!! I just told her to take her mom a Sierra Mist and to tell her that I said she had to drink it even if she can't keep it down.

Besides the obvious of the 8 yr old worrying about her mom, there is the whole germ thing. Y'all know how I hate the stomach flu germs! Pee Pee (my niece) had already called me this morning to let me know she wouldn't be coming to work (we work in the same department), and now Maddi has the phone! Germ transfer big time. I didn't tell Maddi about germ transfer because that would freak her out. She's freaked out enough, so I'll freak out for her. I just know she'll get this in a day or two. Yuk.

Mr. P took some Gatorade over and we are hoping Pee Pee is drinking it...........yikes. If she gets dehydrated, she'll end up in the hospital.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I really missed my dad, but it was quite nice otherwise. I got a Kindle Fire (yes, I've read 2 books since Sunday and working on the 3rd and have the 4th purchased and ready to read). I also got a KitchenAid stand mixer, which I've wanted for years and couldn't afford. The Kindle came from Mr. P and the KitchenAid came from my stepmom. I was off Thursday thru Sunday, so I had a lovely 5 days off.

Toodles for now!!

1 comment:

MsDarkstar said...

Oooh, I HATE "powking"...with a passion.

I need to read more this year. I mean, read things that are NOT on my computer screen...like, actual BOOKS.

Congrats on the KitchenAid. I have to admit that Mr.POSSLQ's KitchenAid is a thing of beauty. If I had eggs, I might even bake cookies. Alas, no eggs. And no ambition to get dressed, get in the car, drive to the store and GET eggs...just so I can bake cookies I shouldn't eat (trying to SHRINK not EXPAND the ol' waistline!)

Hope to see more of you in the blogosphere in 2012!