Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Out of commission

Well, I will be out of commission a while longer, internet........My dad has been in the hospital for over a week, and will be there probably a week longer.

He suffered a cardiac arrest on 6/15/10 (which was his birthday) and they said he wouldn't make it. The first responders, EMT, and hospital provided resuscitation and CPR for 35 minutes, and shocked his heart 17 times in that 35 minutes.

He made it, and is doing well, believe it or not. However, he has bypass surgery tomorrow, and we've been told we aren't out of the woods yet. *sigh*

I have been at the hospital most of that time. We've gone out to eat twice, and other than that picked up food that can be taken there. This is my first opportunity to let you all know where I've been.

My Text buddy, Ms. Darkstar has been there all week, and I can't tell you how I appreciate her, and of course Jakki. Jakki came over to the hospital at 11 pm when all of this happened and was 'there' for me. She's been my rock!

I'll be around, but how much? I don't know. Think positive thoughts that his bypass will be successful and he'll be the same ornery, sometimes crotchety Perfectly's dad that I know and love.

Toodles for now.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sending good thoughts his way.

And yours, too.